Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two Days and Counting

As I am preparing to spend 8 weeks in the inner city of Milwaukee I was debating what was the best way for me to keep my supporters, family, and friends updated on what God does throughout my time there. I decided that a Blog would be the most personal, effective, and realistic way for me to reach everyone. I will be updating as often as my busy schedule allows.
For now I can tell you all this:
I have found my job already and tomorrow marks my third day getting aquatinted with it.
I will be working at the Village Kindergarden, an in home daycare center in the northwest side of Milwaukee. The founder and head childcare provider Tischa is a wonderful woman from Boston who was so kind to offer me a position as a childcare assistant. I am confident that God will use this position to challenge me, teach me, and use me in many ways this summer.
I am already falling in love with the kids and can feel God giving me the compassion and patience I will need with the children and with the parents and other people in the neighborhood.
My prayers right now are that I would connect well with the others on my project quickly and that we will all bond and be able to function well as a Christian community in our fun, support, and ministry.

Thanks to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment